For many children, deciding what they want to be when they grow up is a difficult task. Children will tend to change their minds a dozen times as they grow older and better understand what each of these jobs entails. With so many career choices, it can be fun to explore different ideas. Researching career ideas is the first step each child should make to match their own interests to a career that suits their personality and talents. The following resources will provide information on several popular careers to help you get started in your search.
- Your Career in Architecture: Learn what type of projects that architects become involved with, the requirements to become an architect, and the general nature of this career.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: The Bureau of Labor Statistics provides information on training, advancement, earnings, and job outlook for that of an architect.
- Career Interview – Architect: First-hand account about the career of an architect and the qualifications one must have to pursue this type of career.
- Architecture as a Career – Educational Opportunities: Learn about personal and educational qualifications, as well as information on starting your own business in the architectural field.
- Art Careers, Jobs & Salaries: Information on the types of careers that artists can go into, such as art directors, craft artists, fine artists, or multimedia artists.
- Visual Arts Career Guide: Large collection of careers in the art field and related career choices.
- Make-Up Artist Career Guide: Details about a career as a make-up artist and the required education to achieve this career.
- Why Choose a Career in Botany?: Reasons to choose a career in botany, current important issues in this field, and areas of specialization.
- Botany Career Guide: Learn about career opportunities in this field and find college programs and career resources.
- What Can I Do with a Major in Botany?: Sample career choices for a person with a major in botany or related majors.
- Career Spotlight – Executive Chef: Learn what it takes to become an executive chef and manage all the other chefs, plan the meals, and run the kitchen.
- Becoming a Pastry Chef: Job description of a pastry chef, personal characteristics one should have, and career options.
- Professional Chef Jobs: Learn about related jobs to chefs, such as lunchroom, cafeteria, hotel, and restaurant cooks.
- Exploring a Medical Career: Learn about the various types of medical careers and what a typical day would be like as a doctor.
- Starting a Career as a Doctor: Guidance about choosing to become a physician and what training and education is involved.
- What Types of Doctors are There?: Information on the types of doctors and areas of medicine that can be chosen as a career.
- Farming Career: Learn characteristics of a new farmer and how to get started in farming.
- Career and Salary: Those interested in farming can learn how much one makes on average.
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry: List of different careers in the farming, fishing, and forestry related career field.
- Firefighting Occupations: Job description of a fire fighter, as well as information on working conditions, employment, and education, training, and salary expectations.
- A Career in the Fire Service: Learn how you can become a firefighter and what to expect during the testing process.
- Firefighter Career Preparation: List of resources to see if you’re prepared to become a firefighter.
- Career Guide for Administrative Law Judge: Skills, knowledge, and abilities for those interested in becoming an administrative law judge or hearing officer.
- Judge Career Information: Find details on the salary, education, job description, and requirements needed to become a judge.
- Judges, Magistrate Judges, and Magistrates: Here you will find a career overview, nature of the work, training, advancement, and earnings and salary.
- Librarians Career Overview: Basic guide to a career as a librarian with information on common work tasks, other job titles, salary, and education and experience.
- Career – Librarians: Considerations one should make before deciding on a career as a librarian.
- Career Information for a Librarian: Overview and outlook for librarian careers, including career guides and resources.
- Musician Jobs Information: Career guides to various aspects of the music industry, including promotion, technology, and record labels.
- National Association for Music Education: Details on music education and the various careers that one can get into with higher education.
- Career as a Music Teacher: Job description, salary, and other career information for that of a music teacher.
- Discover Nursing: Find nursing job statistics, educational resources, and details on how to become a nurse.
- The Nurse Career: Information on nursing practice areas and nursing specialty areas, such as ambulatory care and emergency room nurse.
- Nursing Overview: Learn about the many types of jobs related to nursing, including missionary nursing and genetic nursing.
- Airline Pilot Salary: The earning potential for commercial and airline pilots according to specific airlines.
- Professional Pilot Career Info Guide: Learn about job prospects, prerequisites, career paths, and types of flight programs.
- Helicopter Pilot Jobs: Job description, working conditions, and education, wages, and job opportunities for those interested in a career as a helicopter pilot.
- Police Officer Job Description: Details on the education, special skills, salary, and benefits of a police officer career.
- How to Become a Police Officer: Programs and information to help you get started in a career as a police officer.
- Police Officer Career Information: Review a standard police officer application, benefits, FAQs, hiring process, and promotional opportunities.
- Court Reporter: General overview of a career as a court reporter, including training requirements, salary, qualifications, and job outlook.
- Become a Television Reporter: Get paid to report local or national news as a television reporter.
- Newspaper Reporter: Occupational guide for those interested in becoming a newspaper reporter.
- Career as a Teacher: Details about the learning environment of a teacher and benefits of teaching.
- Preschool Teacher: Learn about the popular teaching career which entails working with young children, aged 3 to 5.
- Working as a Teacher’s Aide: Duties of a teacher’s aide and pros and cons of the job can be found in this career guide.
- The Veterinary Profession: Details of the job and information on working conditions, qualifications, advancement, and job outlook.
- Veterinary Technicians: Learn what veterinary technicians are trained to do and information on those trained in biomedical research.
- Preparing for a Career in Veterinary Medicine: Information on how to get started in a career as a veterinarian, starting from high school.
- National Association of Veterinary Technicians: The NAVTA offers a detailed guide to a career as a veterinary technician in America.