Career and Education Opportunities for Gaming Cashiers in Round Rock, Texas
Gaming cashiers can find many career and educational opportunities in the Round Rock, Texas area. The national trend for gaming cashiers sees this job pool shrinking by about 10.4% over the next eight years. In general, gaming cashiers conduct financial transactions for patrons in gaming establishments.
Gaming cashiers earn about $11 hourly or $24,070 annually on average in Texas and about $11 hourly or $24,890 per year on average nationally. Compared with people working in the overall category of Billing and Bookkeeping, people working as gaming cashiers in Texas earn less. They earn less than people working in the overall category of Billing and Bookkeeping nationally.
There are four schools within twenty-five miles of Round Rock where you can study to be a gaming cashier, among thirty-four schools of higher education total in the Round Rock area. Given that the most common education level for gaming cashiers is a high school diploma or GED, it will take only a short time to learn to be a gaming cashier if you already have a high school diploma.
CAREER DESCRIPTION: Gaming Cashier
In general, gaming cashiers conduct financial transactions for patrons in gaming establishments. They also may reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
Gaming cashiers follow all gaming regulations. They also convert gaming checks and coins to currency for gaming patrons. Equally important, gaming cashiers have to cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons. They are often called upon to maintain confidentiality of customers' transactions. They are expected to count funds and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books. Finally, gaming cashiers furnish customers with data related to casino operations.
Every day, gaming cashiers are expected to be able to deal with basic arithmetic problems. They need to see details at a very fine level of focus. It is also important that they evaluate problems as they arise.
It is important for gaming cashiers to perform removal and rotation of cash and chip inventories as needed. They are often called upon to furnish assistance in the training and orientation of new cashiers. They also maintain cage security. They are sometimes expected to supply currency and gaming checks to other departments as needed. Somewhat less frequently, gaming cashiers are also expected to decide on cash requirements for windows, and order all needed currency and chips.
and record casino exchange transactions, using cash registers. And finally, they sometimes have to verify precision of reports, such as authorization forms and exchange summary reports.
Like many other jobs, gaming cashiers must have exceptional integrity and be thorough and dependable.
Similar jobs with educational opportunities in Round Rock include:
- Accounts Receivable Specialist. Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visit to solicit payment. Duties include receiving payment and posting amount to customer's account; preparing statements to credit department if customer fails to respond; initiating repossession proceedings or service disconnection; keeping records of collection and status of accounts.
- Bank Teller. Receive and pay out money. Keep records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions.
- Bookkeeper. Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
- Clerk. Compile data, compute fees and charges, and prepare invoices for billing purposes. Duties include computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipment of goods; posting data; and keeping other relevant records. May involve use of computer or typewriter, calculator, and adding and bookkeeping machines.
- Payroll Machine Operator. Operate machines that automatically perform mathematical processes, such as addition, subtraction, and division, to calculate and record billing, accounting, and other numerical data. Duties include operating special billing machines to prepare statements, bills, and invoices, and operating bookkeeping machines to copy and post data, make computations, and compile records of transactions.
- Statement Clerk. Prepare and distribute bank statements to customers, answer inquiries, and reconcile discrepancies in records and accounts.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Gaming Cashier Training
Austin Community College District - Austin, TX
Austin Community College District, 5930 Middle Fiskville Rd, Austin, TX 78752. Austin Community College District is a large college located in Austin, Texas. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 35,798 students. Austin Community College District has a one to two year and an associate's degree program in Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping which graduated two and eighteen students respectively in 2008.
Saint Edward's University - Austin, TX
Saint Edward's University, 3001 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704. Saint Edward's University is a medium sized university located in Austin, Texas. It is a private not-for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 5,348 students and an admission rate of 64%. Saint Edward's University has a bachelor's degree program in Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping.
ITT Technical Institute-Austin - Austin, TX
ITT Technical Institute-Austin, 6330 Highway 290 East, Ste 150, Austin, TX 78723. ITT Technical Institute-Austin is a small school located in Austin, Texas. It is a private for-profit school with primarily 2-year programs. It has 703 students and an admission rate of 57%. ITT Technical Institute-Austin has an associate's degree program in Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping.
Southern Careers Institute Inc - Austin, TX
Southern Careers Institute Inc, 2301 S Congress Ste 27, Austin, TX 78704. Southern Careers Institute Inc is a small school located in Austin, Texas. It is a private for-profit school with primarily less-than 2-year programs. It has 275 students and an admission rate of 82%. Southern Careers Institute Inc has a one to two year program in Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping which graduated fifteen students in 2008.
LOCATION INFORMATION: Round Rock, Texas
Round Rock is located in Williamson County, Texas. It has a population of over 104,446, which has grown by 70.8% in the past ten years. The cost of living index in Round Rock, 83, is well below the national average. New single-family homes in Round Rock are priced at $145,400 on average, which is well below the state average. In 2008, three hundred twenty-four new homes were constructed in Round Rock, down from seven hundred ninety-six the previous year.
The three big industries for women in Round Rock are educational services, computer and electronic products, and health care. For men, it is computer and electronic products, construction, and public administration. The average travel time to work is about 26 minutes. More than 32.9% of Round Rock residents have a bachelor's degree, which is higher than the state average. The percentage of residents with a graduate degree, 9.1%, is higher than the state average.
The unemployment rate in Round Rock is 6.2%, which is less than Texas's average of 8.1%.
The percentage of Round Rock residents that are affiliated with a religious congregation, 40.0%, is less than both the national and state average. Primera Iglesia Bautista of Round Rock Church, Round Rock Chapel Church and Round Rock Church of Christ are all churches located in Round Rock. The most common religious groups are the Catholic Church, the Southern Baptist Convention and the United Methodist Church.
Round Rock is home to the Inn at Brushy Creek and the Captain Nelson Merrell House as well as Roundrock West Park and Mesa Village Park. Visitors to Round Rock can choose from Best Western Executive Inn and Austin Marriott North for temporary stays in the area.