Career and Education Opportunities for Interviewers in Lewisville, Texas
For those living in the Lewisville, Texas area, there are many career and education opportunities for interviewers. There are currently 21,760 working interviewers in Texas; this should grow 16% to about 25,130 working interviewers in the state by 2016. This is better than the national trend for interviewers, which sees this job pool growing by about 15.6% over the next eight years. Interviewers generally interview persons by telephone, mail, or by other means for the purpose of completing forms, applications, or questionnaires.
Income for interviewers is about $13 hourly or $27,640 annually on average in Texas. Nationally, their income is about $13 per hour or $28,140 yearly. Earnings for interviewers are not quite as good as earnings in the general category of Credit Authorization in Texas and not quite as good as general Credit Authorization category earnings nationally.
There are eighty-eight schools of higher education in the Lewisville area, including six within twenty-five miles of Lewisville where you can get a degree to start your career as an interviewer. Interviewers usually hold a high school diploma or GED, so you can expect to spend only a short time training to become an interviewer if you already have a high school diploma.
CAREER DESCRIPTION: Interviewer
In general, interviewers interview persons by telephone, mail, or by other means for the purpose of completing forms, applications, or questionnaires. They also ask specific questions, record answers, and assist persons with completing form.
Every day, interviewers are expected to be able to speak clearly. They need to articulate ideas and problems. It is also important that they listen to and understand others in meetings.
It is important for interviewers to identify and report problems in obtaining valid data. They are often called upon to compile, record and code results and data from interview or survey, using computer or specified form. They also contact individuals to be interviewed at home, place of business, or field location, by telephone or in person. They are sometimes expected to meet with supervisor daily to submit completed assignments and consider progress. Somewhat less frequently, interviewers are also expected to identify and resolve inconsistencies in interviewees' responses by means of appropriate questioning or explanation.
Interviewers sometimes are asked to supervise or train others, and maintain staff archives. They also have to be able to perform other office duties as needed And finally, they sometimes have to ready reports to furnish answers in response to specific problems.
Like many other jobs, interviewers must have exceptional integrity and be reliable.
Similar jobs with educational opportunities in Lewisville include:
- Correspondence Clerk. Compose letters in reply to requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit and other information, delinquent accounts, or unsatisfactory services. Duties may include gathering data to formulate reply and typing correspondence.
- Credit Investigator. Investigate history and credit standing of individuals or business establishments applying for credit. Telephone or write to credit departments of business and service establishments to obtain information about applicant's credit standing.
- Customer Care Specialist. Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
- Eligibility and Occupancy Interviewer. Determine eligibility of persons applying to receive assistance from government programs and agency resources, such as welfare, unemployment benefits, and public housing.
- Human Resources Administrator. Compile and keep personnel records. Record data for each employee, such as address, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports on ability, and date of and reason for termination. Compile and type reports from employment records. File employment records. Search employee files and furnish information to authorized persons.
- License Clerk. Issue licenses or permits to qualified applicants. Obtain necessary information; record data; advise applicants on requirements; collect fees; and issue licenses. May conduct oral, written, or performance testing.
- Procurement Clerk. Compile information and records to draw up purchase orders for procurement of materials and services.
- Telephone Operator. Provide information by accessing alphabetical and geographical directories. Assist customers with special billing requests.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Interviewer Training
Brookhaven College - Farmers Branch, TX
Brookhaven College, 3939 Valley View Ln, Farmers Branch, TX 75244-4997. Brookhaven College is a large college located in Farmers Branch, Texas. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 11,173 students. Brookhaven College has a one to two year program in Receptionist which graduated ten students in 2008.
El Centro College - Dallas, TX
El Centro College, 801 Main, Dallas, TX 75202-3604. El Centro College is a medium sized college located in Dallas, Texas. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 8,114 students. El Centro College has a one to two year program in Receptionist which graduated one student in 2008.
Mountain View College - Dallas, TX
Mountain View College, 4849 W Illinois, Dallas, TX 75211-6599. Mountain View College is a medium sized college located in Dallas, Texas. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 7,126 students. Mountain View College has a one to two year program in Receptionist.
Richland College - Dallas, TX
Richland College, 12800 Abrams Rd, Dallas, TX 75243-2199. Richland College is a large college located in Dallas, Texas. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 15,917 students. Richland College has a one to two year program in Receptionist which graduated eight students in 2008.
North Lake College - Irving, TX
North Lake College, 5001 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving, TX 75038-3899. North Lake College is a large college located in Irving, Texas. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 10,174 students. North Lake College has a one to two year program in Receptionist which graduated three students in 2008.
Eastfield College - Mesquite, TX
Eastfield College, 3737 Motley Dr, Mesquite, TX 75150-2099. Eastfield College is a large college located in Mesquite, Texas. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 10,501 students. Eastfield College has a one to two year program in Receptionist which graduated two students in 2008.
Certified Forensic Interviewer: The objective of this certification program is to create comprehensive, universally accepted professional standards combined with an objective measure of an interviewer's knowledge of those standards.
For more information, see the Center for Interviewer Standards and Assessment Ltd. website.
LOCATION INFORMATION: Lewisville, Texas
Lewisville is situated in Denton County, Texas. It has a population of over 101,624, which has grown by 30.7% in the past ten years. The cost of living index in Lewisville, 91, is below the national average. New single-family homes in Lewisville cost $140,300 on average, which is well below the state average. In 2008, one hundred seventy-three new homes were built in Lewisville, down from three hundred thirty-seven the previous year.
The top three industries for women in Lewisville are educational services, health care, and professional, scientific, and technical services. For men, it is construction, professional, scientific, and technical services, and accommodation and food services. The average commute to work is about 27 minutes. More than 32.4% of Lewisville residents have a bachelor's degree, which is higher than the state average. The percentage of residents with a graduate degree, 7.1%, is lower than the state average.
The unemployment rate in Lewisville is 6.7%, which is less than Texas's average of 8.1%.
The percentage of Lewisville residents that are affiliated with a religious congregation, 34.5%, is less than both the national and state average. Pentecostal Church of God, Cedar Crest Community Church and Prince of Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church are some of the churches located in Lewisville. The most common religious groups are the Southern Baptist Convention, the Catholic Church and the United Methodist Church.
Lewisville is home to Woods Park and East Hill Park. Visitors to Lewisville can choose from Accommodation Now, Best Western Inn & Suites and Baymont Inn & Suites for temporary stays in the area.