Career and Education Opportunities for Market Research Analysts in Arlington, Texas
Market research analysts can find many career and educational opportunities in the Arlington, Texas area. There are currently 19,070 jobs for market research analysts in Texas and this is projected to grow by 23% to about 23,430 jobs by 2016. This is not quite as good as the nation as a whole, where employment opportunities for market research analysts are expected to grow by about 28.1%. Market research analysts generally research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service.
The income of a market research analyst is about $30 per hour or $62,560 annually on average in Texas. In the U.S. as a whole, their income is about $29 per hour or $61,070 annually on average. Market research analysts earn more than people working in the category of Social Sciences generally in Texas and less than people in the Social Sciences category nationally. Jobs in this field include: client services vice president, researcher, and trade analyst.
There are six schools within twenty-five miles of Arlington where you can study to be a market research analyst, among eighty-seven schools of higher education total in the Arlington area. Given that the most common education level for market research analysts is a Bachelor's degree, it will take about four years to learn to be a market research analyst if you already have a high school diploma.
CAREER DESCRIPTION: Market Research Analyst
In general, market research analysts research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service. They also may gather information on competitors, prices, and methods of marketing and distribution.
Market research analysts ready reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text. They also monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature. Equally important, market research analysts have to collect and analyze data on customer demographics and buying habits to pinpoint potential markets and factors affecting product demand. They are often called upon to gather data on competitors and analyze their prices and methods of marketing and distribution. They are expected to seek and furnish data to help companies decide on their position in the marketplace. Finally, market research analysts attend conferences to furnish management with data and proposals concerning the promotion and pricing of a company's products or services.
Every day, market research analysts are expected to be able to articulate ideas and problems. They need to listen to and understand others in meetings. It is also important that they write clearly and communicate well.
It is important for market research analysts to measure the effectiveness of marketing and communications programs and strategies. They are often called upon to design and implement processes for identifying advertising needs. They also direct trained survey interviewers. Somewhat less frequently, market research analysts are also expected to attend conferences to furnish management with data and proposals concerning the promotion and pricing of a company's products or services.
And finally, they sometimes have to measure and assess customer and employee satisfaction.
Like many other jobs, market research analysts must have exceptional integrity and be able to absorb the factors involved and a problem and provide a well thought out solution.
Similar jobs with educational opportunities in Arlington include:
- Archaeologist. Conduct research to reconstruct record of past human life and culture from human remains, artifacts, and structures recovered through excavation, underwater recovery, or other means of discovery.
- Economist. Conduct research, prepare reports, or formulate plans to aid in solution of economic problems arising from production and distribution of goods and services. May collect and process economic and statistical data using econometric and sampling techniques.
- Geographic Information Systems Analyst. Study nature and use of areas of earth's surface, relating and interpreting interactions of physical and cultural phenomena. Conduct research on physical aspects of a region, including land forms, climates, soils, plants and animals, and conduct research on the spatial implications of human activities within a given area, including social characteristics, economic activities, and political organization, as well as researching interdependence between regions at scales ranging from local to global.
- Historian. Research, analyze, and interpret the past as recorded in sources, such as government and institutional records, newspapers and other periodicals, photographs, and unpublished manuscripts, such as personal diaries and letters.
- Industrial Psychologist. Apply principles of psychology to personnel, administration, and marketing problems. Activities may include policy planning; employee screening, training and development; and organizational development and analysis. May work with management to reorganize the work setting to improve worker productivity.
- Market Survey Representative. Design or conduct surveys. May supervise interviewers who conduct the survey in person or over the telephone. May present survey results to client.
- School Psychologist. Investigate processes of learning and teaching and develop psychological principles and techniques applicable to educational problems.
- Urban Planner. Develop comprehensive plans and programs for use of land and physical facilities of local jurisdictions, such as towns, cities, and metropolitan areas.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Market Research Analyst Training
The University of Texas at Arlington - Arlington, TX
The University of Texas at Arlington, 701 S. Nedderman Dr., Arlington, TX 76013. The University of Texas at Arlington is a large university located in Arlington, Texas. It is a public school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 25,070 students and an admission rate of 56%. The University of Texas at Arlington has 3 areas of study related to Market Research Analyst. They are:
- Economics, bachelor's degree and master's degree which graduated fifty-one and seven students respectively in 2008.
- Business/Managerial Economics, bachelor's degree which graduated 12 students in 2008.
- Marketing Research, master's degree which graduated 16 students in 2008.
Paul Quinn College - Dallas, TX
Paul Quinn College, 3837 Simpson Stuart Rd, Dallas, TX 75241. Paul Quinn College is a small college located in Dallas, Texas. It is a private not-for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 362 students and an admission rate of 11%. Paul Quinn College has a bachelor's degree program in Business/Managerial Economics which graduated seventy-three students in 2008.
Texas Wesleyan University - Fort Worth, TX
Texas Wesleyan University, 1201 Wesleyan St, Fort Worth, TX 76105-1536. Texas Wesleyan University is a small university located in Fort Worth, Texas. It is a private not-for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 3,202 students and an admission rate of 68%. Texas Wesleyan University has a bachelor's degree program in Business/Managerial Economics which graduated ten students in 2008.
Texas Christian University - Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University, 2800 S University Dr, Fort Worth, TX 76129. Texas Christian University is a medium sized university located in Fort Worth, Texas. It is a private not-for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 8,696 students and an admission rate of 50%. Texas Christian University has 2 areas of study related to Market Research Analyst. They are:
- Economics, bachelor's degree which graduated 5 students in 2008.
- International Economics, bachelor's degree which graduated 6 students in 2008.
The University of Texas at Dallas - Richardson, TX
The University of Texas at Dallas, 800 West Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75080-3021. The University of Texas at Dallas is a large university located in Richardson, Texas. It is a public school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 14,940 students and an admission rate of 54%. The University of Texas at Dallas has bachelor's degree, master's degree, and doctor's degree programs in Economics which graduated sixty-three, sixteen, and one students respectively in 2008.
Southern Methodist University - Dallas, TX
Southern Methodist University, 6425 Boaz St, Dallas, TX 75275-0221. Southern Methodist University is a large university located in Dallas, Texas. It is a private not-for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 10,965 students and an admission rate of 50%. Southern Methodist University has 2 areas of study related to Market Research Analyst. They are:
- Economics, bachelor's degree, master's degree, and doctor's degree which graduated zero, ten, and four students respectively in 2008.
- Applied Economics, bachelor's degree and master's degree which graduated zero and six students respectively in 2008.
Fiscal Services - Accelerated Package: Fiscal Services - Accelerated Package course list: Better Requests for Proposals for Better Projects; Continuous Improvement Through Monitoring; Contracting; New Coding System for the 21st Century; Procurement; and Writing Winning Grant Proposals.
For more information, see the Dynamic Works Institute website.
LOCATION INFORMATION: Arlington, Texas
Arlington is located in Tarrant County, Texas. It has a population of over 374,417, which has grown by 12.4% in the past ten years. The cost of living index in Arlington, 89, is well below the national average. New single-family homes in Arlington are priced at $154,300 on average, which is well below the state average. In 2008, four hundred twenty-six new homes were constructed in Arlington, down from eight hundred twelve the previous year.
The three most popular industries for women in Arlington are educational services, health care, and finance and insurance. For men, it is construction, accommodation and food services, and administrative and support and waste management services. The average travel time to work is about 27 minutes. More than 30.4% of Arlington residents have a bachelor's degree, which is higher than the state average. The percentage of residents with a graduate degree, 8.8%, is higher than the state average.
The unemployment rate in Arlington is 7.5%, which is less than Texas's average of 8.1%.
The percentage of Arlington residents that are affiliated with a religious congregation, 52.5%, is more than the national average but less than the state average. Advent Lutheran Church, Pleasantview Baptist Church and Central Assembly of God Church are some of the churches located in Arlington. The largest religious groups are the Southern Baptist Convention, the Catholic Church and the United Methodist Church.
Arlington is home to the Festival Marketplace and the The Parks at Arlington as well as Arlington Tennis Center - University of Texas and Doug Russel Park. Visitors to Arlington can choose from Budget Host International, Baymont Inns & Suites and Candlewood Suites for temporary stays in the area.