Career and Education Opportunities for Market Research Analysts in Kaneohe, Hawaii
There are many career and education opportunities for market research analysts in the Kaneohe, Hawaii area. The national trend for market research analysts sees this job pool growing by about 28.1% over the next eight years. Market research analysts generally research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service.
Market research analysts earn about $26 hourly or $54,900 annually on average in Hawaii and about $29 hourly or $61,070 yearly on average nationally. Earnings for market research analysts are not quite as good as earnings in the general category of Social Sciences in Hawaii and not quite as good as general Social Sciences category earnings nationally. Market research analysts work in a variety of jobs, including: project manager, market analyst, and strategic planning director.
The Kaneohe area is home to twelve schools of higher education, including one within twenty-five miles of Kaneohe where you can get a degree as a market research analyst. The most common level of education for market research analysts is a Bachelor's degree. You can expect to spend about four years training to become a market research analyst if you already have a high school diploma.
CAREER DESCRIPTION: Market Research Analyst
In general, market research analysts research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service. They also may gather information on competitors, prices, and methods of marketing and distribution.
Market research analysts ready reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text. They also monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature. Equally important, market research analysts have to collect and analyze data on customer demographics and buying habits to pinpoint potential markets and factors affecting product demand. They are often called upon to gather data on competitors and analyze their prices and methods of marketing and distribution. They are expected to seek and furnish data to help companies decide on their position in the marketplace. Finally, market research analysts attend conferences to furnish management with data and proposals concerning the promotion and pricing of a company's products or services.
Every day, market research analysts are expected to be able to articulate ideas and problems. They need to listen to and understand others in meetings. It is also important that they write clearly and communicate well.
It is important for market research analysts to measure the effectiveness of marketing and communications programs and strategies. They are often called upon to design and implement processes for identifying advertising needs. They also direct trained survey interviewers. Somewhat less frequently, market research analysts are also expected to attend conferences to furnish management with data and proposals concerning the promotion and pricing of a company's products or services.
And finally, they sometimes have to measure and assess customer and employee satisfaction.
Like many other jobs, market research analysts must have exceptional integrity and be able to absorb the factors involved and a problem and provide a well thought out solution.
Similar jobs with educational opportunities in Kaneohe include:
- Economist. Conduct research, prepare reports, or formulate plans to aid in solution of economic problems arising from production and distribution of goods and services. May collect and process economic and statistical data using econometric and sampling techniques.
- Geographic Information Systems Analyst. Study nature and use of areas of earth's surface, relating and interpreting interactions of physical and cultural phenomena. Conduct research on physical aspects of a region, including land forms, climates, soils, plants and animals, and conduct research on the spatial implications of human activities within a given area, including social characteristics, economic activities, and political organization, as well as researching interdependence between regions at scales ranging from local to global.
- Historian. Research, analyze, and interpret the past as recorded in sources, such as government and institutional records, newspapers and other periodicals, photographs, and unpublished manuscripts, such as personal diaries and letters.
- Industrial Psychologist. Apply principles of psychology to personnel, administration, and marketing problems. Activities may include policy planning; employee screening, training and development; and organizational development and analysis. May work with management to reorganize the work setting to improve worker productivity.
- Market Survey Representative. Design or conduct surveys. May supervise interviewers who conduct the survey in person or over the telephone. May present survey results to client.
- School Psychologist. Investigate processes of learning and teaching and develop psychological principles and techniques applicable to educational problems.
- Urban Planner. Develop comprehensive plans and programs for use of land and physical facilities of local jurisdictions, such as towns, cities, and metropolitan areas.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Market Research Analyst Training
University of Hawaii at Manoa - Honolulu, HI
University of Hawaii at Manoa, 2500 Campus Road, Hawaii Hall, Honolulu, HI 96822-2301. University of Hawaii at Manoa is a large university located in Honolulu, Hawaii. It is a public school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 20,169 students and an admission rate of 69%. University of Hawaii at Manoa has bachelor's degree, master's degree, and doctor's degree programs in Economics which graduated eighty-seven, four, and six students respectively in 2008.
Fiscal Services - Accelerated Package: Fiscal Services - Accelerated Package course list: Better Requests for Proposals for Better Projects; Continuous Improvement Through Monitoring; Contracting; New Coding System for the 21st Century; Procurement; and Writing Winning Grant Proposals.
For more information, see the Dynamic Works Institute website.
LOCATION INFORMATION: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Kaneohe is situated in Honolulu County, Hawaii. It has a population of over 35,987. The cost of living index in Kaneohe, 167, is far greater than the national average.
The three most popular industries for women in Kaneohe are educational services, health care, and public administration. For men, it is public administration, construction, and accommodation and food services. The average commute to work is about 30 minutes. More than 29.5% of Kaneohe residents have a bachelor's degree, which is higher than the state average. The percentage of residents with a graduate degree, 9.8%, is higher than the state average.
About 6.1% of Kaneohe's residents are below the poverty line, which is better than the state average.
The percentage of Kaneohe residents that are affiliated with a religious congregation, 33.3%, is less than both the national and state average. Door of Faith Church, Pali View Baptist Church and Kaneohe Congregational Church are among the churches located in Kaneohe. The largest religious groups are the Catholic Church, the LDS (Mormon) Church and the Southern Baptist Convention.
Kaneohe is home to the Kaneohe Civic Center and the ‘Iolani Building as well as Käne‘ohe Civic Center Playground and Kaluapuhi Neighborhood Park. Shopping centers in the area include Käne‘ohe Shopping Center, Käne‘ohe Bay Shopping Center and Windward City Shopping Center.