Career and Education Opportunities for Market Research Analysts in Pembroke Pines, Florida
Market research analysts can find many career and educational opportunities in the Pembroke Pines, Florida area. About 6,980 people are currently employed as market research analysts in Florida. By 2016, this is expected to grow by 27% to 8,860 people employed. This is not quite as good as the nation as a whole, where employment opportunities for market research analysts are expected to grow by about 28.1%. Market research analysts generally research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service.
Income for market research analysts is about $25 per hour or $52,410 yearly on average in Florida. Nationally, their income is about $29 hourly or $61,070 per year. Compared with people working in the overall category of Social Sciences, people working as market research analysts in Florida earn less. They earn less than people working in the overall category of Social Sciences nationally. People working as market research analysts can fill a number of jobs, such as: marketing specialist, market analyst, and technical marketing consultant.
There are ninety-seven schools of higher education in the Pembroke Pines area, including two within twenty-five miles of Pembroke Pines where you can get a degree to start your career as a market research analyst. Given that the most common education level for market research analysts is a Bachelor's degree, you can expect to spend about four years training to become a market research analyst if you already have a high school diploma.
CAREER DESCRIPTION: Market Research Analyst
In general, market research analysts research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service. They also may gather information on competitors, prices, and methods of marketing and distribution.
Market research analysts ready reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text. They also monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature. Equally important, market research analysts have to collect and analyze data on customer demographics and buying habits to pinpoint potential markets and factors affecting product demand. They are often called upon to gather data on competitors and analyze their prices and methods of marketing and distribution. They are expected to seek and furnish data to help companies decide on their position in the marketplace. Finally, market research analysts attend conferences to furnish management with data and proposals concerning the promotion and pricing of a company's products or services.
Every day, market research analysts are expected to be able to articulate ideas and problems. They need to listen to and understand others in meetings. It is also important that they write clearly and communicate well.
It is important for market research analysts to measure the effectiveness of marketing and communications programs and strategies. They are often called upon to design and implement processes for identifying advertising needs. They also direct trained survey interviewers. Somewhat less frequently, market research analysts are also expected to attend conferences to furnish management with data and proposals concerning the promotion and pricing of a company's products or services.
And finally, they sometimes have to measure and assess customer and employee satisfaction.
Like many other jobs, market research analysts must have exceptional integrity and be able to absorb the factors involved and a problem and provide a well thought out solution.
Similar jobs with educational opportunities in Pembroke Pines include:
- Economist. Conduct research, prepare reports, or formulate plans to aid in solution of economic problems arising from production and distribution of goods and services. May collect and process economic and statistical data using econometric and sampling techniques.
- Geographic Information Systems Analyst. Study nature and use of areas of earth's surface, relating and interpreting interactions of physical and cultural phenomena. Conduct research on physical aspects of a region, including land forms, climates, soils, plants and animals, and conduct research on the spatial implications of human activities within a given area, including social characteristics, economic activities, and political organization, as well as researching interdependence between regions at scales ranging from local to global.
- Historian. Research, analyze, and interpret the past as recorded in sources, such as government and institutional records, newspapers and other periodicals, photographs, and unpublished manuscripts, such as personal diaries and letters.
- Industrial Psychologist. Apply principles of psychology to personnel, administration, and marketing problems. Activities may include policy planning; employee screening, training and development; and organizational development and analysis. May work with management to reorganize the work setting to improve worker productivity.
- Market Survey Representative. Design or conduct surveys. May supervise interviewers who conduct the survey in person or over the telephone. May present survey results to client.
- School Psychologist. Investigate processes of learning and teaching and develop psychological principles and techniques applicable to educational problems.
- Urban Planner. Develop comprehensive plans and programs for use of land and physical facilities of local jurisdictions, such as towns, cities, and metropolitan areas.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Market Research Analyst Training
Florida Atlantic University - Boca Raton, FL
Florida Atlantic University, 777 Glades Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991. Florida Atlantic University is a large university located in Boca Raton, Florida. It is a public school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 26,857 students and an admission rate of 49%. Florida Atlantic University has a bachelor's degree and a master's degree program in Economics which graduated fourteen and five students respectively in 2008.
Barry University - Miami, FL
Barry University, 11300 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33161-6695. Barry University is a medium sized university located in Miami, Florida. It is a private not-for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 8,364 students and an admission rate of 60%. Barry University has a bachelor's degree program in Economics which graduated three students in 2008.
Fiscal Services - Accelerated Package: Fiscal Services - Accelerated Package course list: Better Requests for Proposals for Better Projects; Continuous Improvement Through Monitoring; Contracting; New Coding System for the 21st Century; Procurement; and Writing Winning Grant Proposals.
For more information, see the Dynamic Works Institute website.
LOCATION INFORMATION: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Pembroke Pines is situated in Broward County, Florida. It has a population of over 145,661, which has grown by 6.0% in the past ten years. The cost of living index in Pembroke Pines, 116, is far greater than the national average. New single-family homes in Pembroke Pines are valued at $117,100 on average, which is far less than the state average. In 2008, five new homes were built in Pembroke Pines, up from three the previous year.
The three most popular industries for women in Pembroke Pines are health care, educational services, and finance and insurance. For men, it is public administration, construction, and professional, scientific, and technical services. The average commute to work is about 32 minutes. More than 28.7% of Pembroke Pines residents have a bachelor's degree, which is higher than the state average. The percentage of residents with a graduate degree, 10.0%, is higher than the state average.
The unemployment rate in Pembroke Pines is 8.6%, which is less than Florida's average of 11.3%.
The percentage of Pembroke Pines residents that are affiliated with a religious congregation, 45.9%, is less than the national average but more than the state average. Pembroke Road Baptist Church, Boulevard Chapel and Taft Street Chapel are all churches located in Pembroke Pines. The most common religious groups are the Catholic Church, the Southern Baptist Convention and the United Methodist Church.
Pembroke Pines is home to the Hollywood Lakes Country Club and the Pines Bank Plaza as well as Kennedy Park and Snake Creek Park. Shopping malls in the area include Pembroke Pines Shopping Center, Pembroke Village Shopping Center and University Mall.