Career and Education Opportunities for Market Research Analysts in Westminster, Colorado
For those living in the Westminster, Colorado area, there are many career and education opportunities for market research analysts. The national trend for market research analysts sees this job pool growing by about 28.1% over the next eight years. Market research analysts generally research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service.
Market research analysts earn about $33 per hour or $68,900 yearly on average in Colorado and about $29 per hour or $61,070 per year on average nationally. Compared with people working in the overall category of Social Sciences, people working as market research analysts in Colorado earn more. They earn less than people working in the overall category of Social Sciences nationally. Market research analysts work in a variety of jobs, including: client service and consulting manager, product line manager, and marketing specialist.
The Westminster area is home to sixty-four schools of higher education, including six within twenty-five miles of Westminster where you can get a degree as a market research analyst. Given that the most common education level for market research analysts is a Bachelor's degree, it will take about four years to learn to be a market research analyst if you already have a high school diploma.
CAREER DESCRIPTION: Market Research Analyst
In general, market research analysts research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service. They also may gather information on competitors, prices, and methods of marketing and distribution.
Market research analysts ready reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text. They also monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature. Equally important, market research analysts have to collect and analyze data on customer demographics and buying habits to pinpoint potential markets and factors affecting product demand. They are often called upon to gather data on competitors and analyze their prices and methods of marketing and distribution. They are expected to seek and furnish data to help companies decide on their position in the marketplace. Finally, market research analysts attend conferences to furnish management with data and proposals concerning the promotion and pricing of a company's products or services.
Every day, market research analysts are expected to be able to articulate ideas and problems. They need to listen to and understand others in meetings. It is also important that they write clearly and communicate well.
It is important for market research analysts to measure the effectiveness of marketing and communications programs and strategies. They are often called upon to design and implement processes for identifying advertising needs. They also direct trained survey interviewers. Somewhat less frequently, market research analysts are also expected to attend conferences to furnish management with data and proposals concerning the promotion and pricing of a company's products or services.
And finally, they sometimes have to measure and assess customer and employee satisfaction.
Like many other jobs, market research analysts must have exceptional integrity and be able to absorb the factors involved and a problem and provide a well thought out solution.
Similar jobs with educational opportunities in Westminster include:
- Economist. Conduct research, prepare reports, or formulate plans to aid in solution of economic problems arising from production and distribution of goods and services. May collect and process economic and statistical data using econometric and sampling techniques.
- Geographic Information Systems Analyst. Study nature and use of areas of earth's surface, relating and interpreting interactions of physical and cultural phenomena. Conduct research on physical aspects of a region, including land forms, climates, soils, plants and animals, and conduct research on the spatial implications of human activities within a given area, including social characteristics, economic activities, and political organization, as well as researching interdependence between regions at scales ranging from local to global.
- Historian. Research, analyze, and interpret the past as recorded in sources, such as government and institutional records, newspapers and other periodicals, photographs, and unpublished manuscripts, such as personal diaries and letters.
- Industrial Psychologist. Apply principles of psychology to personnel, administration, and marketing problems. Activities may include policy planning; employee screening, training and development; and organizational development and analysis. May work with management to reorganize the work setting to improve worker productivity.
- Market Survey Representative. Design or conduct surveys. May supervise interviewers who conduct the survey in person or over the telephone. May present survey results to client.
- School Psychologist. Investigate processes of learning and teaching and develop psychological principles and techniques applicable to educational problems.
- Urban Planner. Develop comprehensive plans and programs for use of land and physical facilities of local jurisdictions, such as towns, cities, and metropolitan areas.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Market Research Analyst Training
University of Colorado Denver - Denver, CO
University of Colorado Denver, , Denver, CO 80217-3364. University of Colorado Denver is a large university located in Denver, Colorado. It is a public school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 17,510 students and an admission rate of 68%. University of Colorado Denver has a bachelor's degree and a master's degree program in Economics which graduated twenty-nine and twenty-two students respectively in 2008.
Metropolitan State College of Denver - Denver, CO
Metropolitan State College of Denver, Speer Blvd and Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80217-3362. Metropolitan State College of Denver is a large college located in Denver, Colorado. It is a public school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 21,715 students and an admission rate of 78%. Metropolitan State College of Denver has a bachelor's degree program in Economics which graduated fourteen students in 2008.
Regis University - Denver, CO
Regis University, 3333 Regis Blvd, Denver, CO 80221-1099. Regis University is a large university located in Denver, Colorado. It is a private not-for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 11,238 students and an admission rate of 44%. Regis University has a bachelor's degree program in Business/Managerial Economics which graduated one student in 2008.
University of Denver - Denver, CO
University of Denver, 2199 S. University Blvd, Denver, CO 80208. University of Denver is a large university located in Denver, Colorado. It is a private not-for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 11,409 students and an admission rate of 64%. University of Denver has 2 areas of study related to Market Research Analyst. They are:
- Economics, bachelor's degree and master's degree which graduated five and three students respectively in 2008.
- Business/Managerial Economics, bachelor's degree which graduated 7 students in 2008.
University of Colorado at Boulder - Boulder, CO
University of Colorado at Boulder, Regent Drive at Broadway, Boulder, CO 80309-0017. University of Colorado at Boulder is a large university located in Boulder, Colorado. It is a public school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 32,191 students and an admission rate of 78%. University of Colorado at Boulder has bachelor's degree, master's degree, and doctor's degree programs in Economics which graduated 245, five, and nine students respectively in 2008.
Colorado School of Mines - Golden, CO
Colorado School of Mines, 1500 Illinois St, Golden, CO 80401. Colorado School of Mines is a small school located in Golden, Colorado. It is a public school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 4,488 students and an admission rate of 61%. Colorado School of Mines has 2 areas of study related to Market Research Analyst. They are:
- Economics, bachelor's degree which graduated 37 students in 2008.
- Applied Economics, master's degree which graduated 19 students in 2008.
Fiscal Services - Accelerated Package: Fiscal Services - Accelerated Package course list: Better Requests for Proposals for Better Projects; Continuous Improvement Through Monitoring; Contracting; New Coding System for the 21st Century; Procurement; and Writing Winning Grant Proposals.
For more information, see the Dynamic Works Institute website.
LOCATION INFORMATION: Westminster, Colorado
Westminster is located in Adams County, Colorado. It has a population of over 107,056, which has grown by 6.1% over the last ten years. The cost of living index in Westminster, 96, is near the national average. New single-family homes in Westminster are valued at $376,500 on average, which is far greater than the state average. In 2008, sixty-two new homes were built in Westminster, down from one hundred forty-six the previous year.
The three most popular industries for women in Westminster are health care, educational services, and professional, scientific, and technical services. For men, it is construction, professional, scientific, and technical services, and computer and electronic products. The average travel time to work is about 27 minutes. More than 31.3% of Westminster residents have a bachelor's degree, which is higher than the state average. The percentage of residents with a graduate degree, 9.3%, is lower than the state average.
The unemployment rate in Westminster is 6.2%, which is less than Colorado's average of 6.6%.
The percentage of Westminster residents that are affiliated with a religious congregation, 30.4%, is less than both the national and state average. The most prominent religious groups are the Catholic Church, the LDS (Mormon) Church and the Lutheran Church.
Westminster is home to the The Golf Courses at Hyland Hills and the The Plaza at Westminster. Visitors to Westminster can choose from Comfort Suites, LA Quinta - Inns- Westminster Mall and Doubletree Hotel Denver Boulder for temporary stays in the area.