Career and Education Opportunities for Order Fillers in Roseville, California
There are many career and education opportunities for order fillers in the Roseville, California area. About 198,000 people are currently employed as order fillers in California. By 2016, this is expected to grow by 1% to about 199,800 people employed. This is not quite as good as the nation as a whole, where employment opportunities for order fillers are expected to grow by about 7.2%. In general, order fillers fill customers' mail and telephone orders from stored merchandise in accordance with specifications on sales slips or order forms.
The income of an order filler is about $10 per hour or $22,120 per year on average in California. In the U.S. as a whole, their income is about $10 hourly or $20,800 yearly on average. Order fillers earn less than people working in the category of Dispatching and Logistics generally in California and less than people in the Dispatching and Logistics category nationally.
The Roseville area is home to thirty-six schools of higher education, including four within twenty-five miles of Roseville where you can get a degree as an order filler. Order fillers usually hold less than a high school diploma, so it will take only a short time to learn to be an order filler if you already have a high school diploma.
CAREER DESCRIPTION: Order Filler
In general, order fillers fill customers' mail and telephone orders from stored merchandise in accordance with specifications on sales slips or order forms. They also duties include computing prices of items, completing order receipts, keeping records of out-going orders, and requisitioning additional materials, supplies, and equipment.
Order fillers obtain products from bins or shelves. Finally, order fillers read orders to ascertain catalog numbers and quantities of products.
Every day, order fillers are expected to be able to read and understand documents and reports. They need to listen to and understand others in meetings. It is also important that they see details at a very fine level of focus.
It is important for order fillers to requisition additional materials and equipment. They are often called upon to compute prices of items or groups of items. They also keep archives of out-going orders. They are sometimes expected to complete order receipts. Somewhat less frequently, order fillers are also expected to complete order receipts.
and place products on conveyors leading to wrapping areas. And finally, they sometimes have to read orders to ascertain catalog numbers and quantities of products.
Like many other jobs, order fillers must have strong self control in the face of challenging situations and be able to deal with stress and deal with situations calmly.
Similar jobs with educational opportunities in Roseville include:
- File Clerk. File correspondence, cards, and other records in alphabetical or numerical order or according to the filing system used. Locate and remove material from file when requested.
- Freight Representative. Expedite and route movement of incoming and outgoing cargo and freight shipments in airline, train, and trucking terminals, and shipping docks. Take orders from customers and arrange pickup of freight and cargo for delivery to loading platform. Prepare and examine bills of lading to determine shipping charges and tariffs.
- Mail Clerk. Prepare incoming and outgoing mail for distribution. Use hand or mail handling machines to time stamp, open, and route incoming mail; and address, seal, and affix postage to outgoing mail or packages. Duties may also include keeping necessary records and completed forms.
- Office Machine Operator. Operate one or more of a variety of office machines, such as photocopying, photographic, and duplicating machines, or other office machines.
- Payroll Machine Operator. Operate machines that automatically perform mathematical processes, such as addition, subtraction, and division, to calculate and record billing, accounting, and other numerical data. Duties include operating special billing machines to prepare statements, bills, and invoices, and operating bookkeeping machines to copy and post data, make computations, and compile records of transactions.
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk. Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
- Statement Clerk. Prepare and distribute bank statements to customers, answer inquiries, and reconcile discrepancies in records and accounts.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Order Filler Training
American River College - Sacramento, CA
American River College, 4700 College Oak Dr, Sacramento, CA 95841-4286. American River College is a large college located in Sacramento, California. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 37,601 students. American River College has one to two year, associate's degree, and two to four year programs in Retailing and Retail Operations which graduated one, one, and zero students respectively in 2008.
Cosumnes River College - Sacramento, CA
Cosumnes River College, 8401 Center Parkway, Sacramento, CA 95823-5799. Cosumnes River College is a large college located in Sacramento, California. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 14,518 students. Cosumnes River College has a two to four year program in Retailing and Retail Operations.
Sacramento City College - Sacramento, CA
Sacramento City College, 3835 Freeport Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95822-1386. Sacramento City College is a large college located in Sacramento, California. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 26,175 students. Sacramento City College has a two to four year program in Retailing and Retail Operations.
Yuba College - Marysville, CA
Yuba College, 2088 N Beale Rd, Marysville, CA 95901. Yuba College is a medium sized college located in Marysville, California. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 10,399 students. Yuba College has a two to four year program in Retailing and Retail Operations.
Certified Materials & Resource Professional: CMRP status provides both internal and external rewards.
For more information, see the Association for Healthcare Resource & Materials Management website.
LOCATION INFORMATION: Roseville, California
Roseville is located in Placer County, California. It has a population of over 112,660, which has grown by 41.0% over the last ten years. The cost of living index in Roseville, 94, is below the national average. New single-family homes in Roseville cost $229,400 on average, which is far less than the state average. In 2008, six hundred seventy-six new homes were built in Roseville, down from 1,050 the previous year.
The three most popular industries for women in Roseville are health care, educational services, and public administration. For men, it is construction, public administration, and computer and electronic products. The average commute to work is about 26 minutes. More than 31.4% of Roseville residents have a bachelor's degree, which is higher than the state average. The percentage of residents with a graduate degree, 9.8%, is higher than the state average.
The unemployment rate in Roseville is 11.7%, which is less than California's average of 12.3%.
The percentage of Roseville residents that are affiliated with a religious congregation, 37.2%, is less than both the national and state average. Faith Chapel Assembly of God Church, Bethel Lutheran Church and First Baptist Church of Roseville are all churches located in Roseville. The largest religious groups are the Catholic Church, the LDS (Mormon) Church and the Southern Baptist Convention.
Roseville is home to the Diamond K Ranch and the Sierra View Country Club as well as Crestmont Park and Maidu Park. Shopping malls in the area include Roseville Square Shopping Center, Roseville Shopping Center and Bel Air Shopping Center. Visitors to Roseville can choose from Best Western Roseville Inn and Bridges at Woodcreek Oaks for temporary stays in the area.