Career and Education Opportunities for Legislators in Rancho Cucamonga, California
There are many career and education opportunities for legislators in the Rancho Cucamonga, California area. Currently, 2,800 people work as legislators in California. This is expected to grow 11% to about 3,100 people by 2016. This is better than the national trend for legislators, which sees this job pool growing by about 0.7% over the next eight years. In general, legislators develop laws and statutes at the Federal, State, or local level.
The average wage in the general category of Specialized Management jobs is $43 per hour or $86,068 per year in California, and an average of $39 per hour or $74,363 per year nationwide. Compared with people working in the overall category of Specialized Management, people working as legislators in California earn less. They earn less than people working in the overall category of Specialized Management nationally. People working as legislators can fill a number of jobs, such as: alderman, councilperson, and selectman.
There is one school within twenty-five miles of Rancho Cucamonga where you can study to be a legislator, among twenty-seven schools of higher education total in the Rancho Cucamonga area.
CAREER DESCRIPTION: Legislator
In general, legislators develop laws and statutes at the Federal, State, or local level.
Similar jobs with educational opportunities in Rancho Cucamonga include:
- Construction Foreman. Plan, direct, or budget, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
- Natural Resources Specialist. Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as life sciences, physical sciences, and research and development in these fields.
- Property Manager. Plan, direct, or coordinate selling, buying, or governance activities of commercial, industrial, or residential real estate properties.
- Social Service Coordinator. Plan, organize, or coordinate the activities of a social service program or community outreach organization. Oversee the program or organization's budget and policies regarding participant involvement, program requirements, and benefits. Work may involve directing social workers, counselors, or probation officers.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Legislator Training
Loma Linda University - Loma Linda, CA
Loma Linda University, , Loma Linda, CA 92350. Loma Linda University is a small university located in Loma Linda, California. It is a private not-for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs and has 4,115 students. Loma Linda University has 2 areas of study related to Legislator. They are:
- Public Administration, doctor's degree.
- Public Policy Analysis, doctor's degree which graduated 2 students in 2008.
LOCATION INFORMATION: Rancho Cucamonga, California
Rancho Cucamonga is situated in San Bernardino County, California. It has a population of over 171,176, which has grown by 34.0% in the past ten years. The cost of living index in Rancho Cucamonga, 128, is far greater than the national average. New single-family homes in Rancho Cucamonga are valued at $207,800 on average, which is far less than the state average. In 2008, one hundred fifty-nine new homes were built in Rancho Cucamonga, down from five hundred eighty-three the previous year.
The top three industries for women in Rancho Cucamonga are educational services, health care, and finance and insurance. For men, it is construction, public administration, and educational services. The average commute to work is about 32 minutes. More than 23.3% of Rancho Cucamonga residents have a bachelor's degree, which is lower than the state average. The percentage of residents with a graduate degree, 7.3%, is lower than the state average.
The unemployment rate in Rancho Cucamonga is 9.2%, which is less than California's average of 12.3%.
The percentage of Rancho Cucamonga residents that are affiliated with a religious congregation, 42.0%, is less than both the national and state average. Alta Loma Christian Church, Grace Fellowship Church and The Lords House are all churches located in Rancho Cucamonga. The largest religious groups are the Catholic Church, the Southern Baptist Convention and the LDS (Mormon) Church.
Rancho Cucamonga is home to the Etiwanda Fire Station and the John Rains House as well as Victoria Groves Park and Hermosa Park. Shopping malls in the area include Alta Loma Plaza Shopping Center, Alta Loma Square Shopping Center and AltaLoma Country Village Shopping Center.