Career and Education Opportunities for Credit Analysts in Ontario, California
Credit analysts can find many career and educational opportunities in the Ontario, California area. The national trend for credit analysts sees this job pool growing by about 15.0% over the next eight years. In general, credit analysts analyze current credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
Credit analysts earn about $29 hourly or $61,940 per year on average in California and about $26 per hour or $55,250 per year on average nationally. Earnings for credit analysts are not quite as good as earnings in the general category of Accounting and Auditing in California and not quite as good as general Accounting and Auditing category earnings nationally. Jobs in this field include: financing analyst, escrow representative, and loan review analyst.
There are two schools within twenty-five miles of Ontario where you can study to be a credit analyst, among twenty-two schools of higher education total in the Ontario area. Given that the most common education level for credit analysts is a Bachelor's degree, you can expect to spend about four years studying to be a credit analyst if you already have a high school diploma.
CAREER DESCRIPTION: Credit Analyst
In general, credit analysts analyze current credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. They also prepare reports with this credit information for use in decision-making.
Credit analysts analyze credit data and financial statements to establish the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. They also compare liquidity and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations. Finally, credit analysts talk with credit associations and other business representatives to exchange credit data.
Every day, credit analysts are expected to be able to think through problems and come up with general rules. They need to articulate ideas and problems. It is also important that they deal with basic arithmetic problems.
It is important for credit analysts to generate financial ratios, using computer programs, to review customers' financial status. They are often called upon to confer with customers to deal with complaints and verify financial and credit transactions. They also ready reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. They are sometimes expected to inspect individual or commercial customer files to pinpoint and decide on delinquent accounts for collection. Somewhat less frequently, credit analysts are also expected to analyze financial data such as income growth, quality of management, and market share to establish expected profitability of loans.
They also have to be able to analyze financial data such as income growth, quality of management, and market share to establish expected profitability of loans and evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans on the basis of earnings and purchase activity. And finally, they sometimes have to analyze credit data and financial statements to establish the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
Like many other jobs, credit analysts must have exceptional integrity and be thorough and dependable.
Similar jobs with educational opportunities in Ontario include:
- Accountant. Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Assessor. Appraise real and personal property to determine its fair value. May assess taxes in accordance with prescribed schedules.
- Auditor. Examine and analyze accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures.
- Budget Analyst. Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations. Analyze budgeting and accounting reports for the purpose of maintaining expenditure controls.
- Cost Analyst. Prepare cost estimates for product manufacturing, construction projects, or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service. May specialize according to particular service performed or type of product manufactured.
- Financial Examiner. Enforce or ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial and securities institutions and financial and real estate transactions. May examine, verify correctness of, or establish authenticity of records.
- Income Tax Advisor. Prepare tax returns for individuals or small businesses but do not have the background or responsibilities of an accredited or certified public accountant.
- Loan Counselor. Provide guidance to prospective loan applicants who have problems qualifying for traditional loans. Guidance may include determining the best type of loan and explaining loan requirements or restrictions.
- Real Estate Appraiser. Appraise real property to determine its value for purchase, sales, or loan purposes.
- Tax Examiner. Determine tax liability or collect taxes from individuals or business firms according to prescribed laws and regulations.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Credit Analyst Training
Chaffey College - Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Chaffey College, 5885 Haven Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737-3002. Chaffey College is a large college located in Rancho Cucamonga, California. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 20,486 students. Chaffey College has less than one year, one to two year, associate's degree, and two to four year programs in Accounting which graduated six, four, eighteen, and zero students respectively in 2008.
Barstow Community College - Barstow, CA
Barstow Community College, 2700 Barstow Road, Barstow, CA 92311. Barstow Community College is a small college located in Barstow, California. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 2,318 students. Barstow Community College has a less than one year and an associate's degree program in Accounting which graduated two and three students respectively in 2008.
LOCATION INFORMATION: Ontario, California
Ontario is situated in San Bernardino County, California. It has a population of over 171,691, which has grown by 8.7% over the last ten years. The cost of living index in Ontario, 127, is far greater than the national average. New single-family homes in Ontario are priced at $164,100 on average, which is far less than the state average. In 2008, eight new homes were constructed in Ontario, down from three hundred seven the previous year.
The three most popular industries for women in Ontario are health care, educational services, and accommodation and food services. For men, it is construction, administrative and support and waste management services, and accommodation and food services. The average commute to work is about 31 minutes. More than 10.5% of Ontario residents have a bachelor's degree, which is lower than the state average. The percentage of residents with a graduate degree, 2.7%, is lower than the state average.
The unemployment rate in Ontario is 14.9%, which is greater than California's average of 12.3%.
The percentage of Ontario residents that are affiliated with a religious congregation, 42.0%, is less than both the national and state average. Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses, Country Church of Ontario and Grace Missionary Baptist Church are all churches located in Ontario. The most prominent religious groups are the Catholic Church, the Southern Baptist Convention and the LDS (Mormon) Church.
Ontario is home to the Ontario Motor Speedway and the West End Multi-Service Center as well as Del Rancho Park and Unity Park. Shopping malls in the area include Galvin Park Shopping Center, Vineyard Freeway Shopping Center and Ontario Vineyard Marketplace Shopping Center. Visitors to Ontario can choose from Best Western Ontario, Best Western Ontario Airport and Amerisuites Ontario Mills for temporary stays in the area.