Career and Education Opportunities for Market Research Analysts in Corona, California
Market research analysts can find many career and educational opportunities in the Corona, California area. There are currently 30,200 jobs for market research analysts in California and this is projected to grow by 21% to 36,500 jobs by 2016. This is not quite as good as the nation as a whole, where employment opportunities for market research analysts are expected to grow by about 28.1%. Market research analysts generally research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service.
A person working as a market research analyst can expect to earn about $31 per hour or $66,400 annually on average in California and about $29 per hour or $61,070 per year on average in the U.S. as a whole. Earnings for market research analysts are not quite as good as earnings in the general category of Social Sciences in California and not quite as good as general Social Sciences category earnings nationally. Jobs in this field include: market research worker, market researcher, and product marketing engineer.
There are twenty-three schools of higher education in the Corona area, including three within twenty-five miles of Corona where you can get a degree to start your career as a market research analyst. Given that the most common education level for market research analysts is a Bachelor's degree, you can expect to spend about four years training to become a market research analyst if you already have a high school diploma.
CAREER DESCRIPTION: Market Research Analyst
In general, market research analysts research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service. They also may gather information on competitors, prices, and methods of marketing and distribution.
Market research analysts ready reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text. They also monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature. Equally important, market research analysts have to collect and analyze data on customer demographics and buying habits to pinpoint potential markets and factors affecting product demand. They are often called upon to gather data on competitors and analyze their prices and methods of marketing and distribution. They are expected to seek and furnish data to help companies decide on their position in the marketplace. Finally, market research analysts attend conferences to furnish management with data and proposals concerning the promotion and pricing of a company's products or services.
Every day, market research analysts are expected to be able to articulate ideas and problems. They need to listen to and understand others in meetings. It is also important that they write clearly and communicate well.
It is important for market research analysts to measure the effectiveness of marketing and communications programs and strategies. They are often called upon to design and implement processes for identifying advertising needs. They also direct trained survey interviewers. Somewhat less frequently, market research analysts are also expected to attend conferences to furnish management with data and proposals concerning the promotion and pricing of a company's products or services.
And finally, they sometimes have to measure and assess customer and employee satisfaction.
Like many other jobs, market research analysts must have exceptional integrity and be able to absorb the factors involved and a problem and provide a well thought out solution.
Similar jobs with educational opportunities in Corona include:
- Economist. Conduct research, prepare reports, or formulate plans to aid in solution of economic problems arising from production and distribution of goods and services. May collect and process economic and statistical data using econometric and sampling techniques.
- Geographic Information Systems Analyst. Study nature and use of areas of earth's surface, relating and interpreting interactions of physical and cultural phenomena. Conduct research on physical aspects of a region, including land forms, climates, soils, plants and animals, and conduct research on the spatial implications of human activities within a given area, including social characteristics, economic activities, and political organization, as well as researching interdependence between regions at scales ranging from local to global.
- Historian. Research, analyze, and interpret the past as recorded in sources, such as government and institutional records, newspapers and other periodicals, photographs, and unpublished manuscripts, such as personal diaries and letters.
- Industrial Psychologist. Apply principles of psychology to personnel, administration, and marketing problems. Activities may include policy planning; employee screening, training and development; and organizational development and analysis. May work with management to reorganize the work setting to improve worker productivity.
- Market Survey Representative. Design or conduct surveys. May supervise interviewers who conduct the survey in person or over the telephone. May present survey results to client.
- School Psychologist. Investigate processes of learning and teaching and develop psychological principles and techniques applicable to educational problems.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Market Research Analyst Training
La Sierra University - Riverside, CA
La Sierra University, 4500 Riverwalk Parkway, Riverside, CA 92515-8247. La Sierra University is a small university located in Riverside, California. It is a private not-for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 1,899 students and an admission rate of 55%. La Sierra University has a bachelor's degree program in Economics which graduated two students in 2008.
College of the Desert - Palm Desert, CA
College of the Desert, 43-500 Monterey Ave, Palm Desert, CA 92260. College of the Desert is a medium sized college located in Palm Desert, California. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 9,632 students. College of the Desert has an associate's degree program in Economics which graduated six students in 2008.
University of California-Riverside - Riverside, CA
University of California-Riverside, 900 University Ave, Riverside, CA 92521. University of California-Riverside is a large university located in Riverside, California. It is a public school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 18,405 students and an admission rate of 87%. University of California-Riverside has 2 areas of study related to Market Research Analyst. They are:
- Economics, bachelor's degree, master's degree, and doctor's degree which graduated forty-seven, two, and four students respectively in 2008.
- Business/Managerial Economics, bachelor's degree which graduated 3 students in 2008.
Fiscal Services - Accelerated Package: Fiscal Services - Accelerated Package course list: Better Requests for Proposals for Better Projects; Continuous Improvement Through Monitoring; Contracting; New Coding System for the 21st Century; Procurement; and Writing Winning Grant Proposals.
For more information, see the Dynamic Works Institute website.
LOCATION INFORMATION: Corona, California
Corona is situated in Riverside County, California. It has a population of over 149,923, which has grown by 20.0% in the past ten years. The cost of living index in Corona, 124, is far greater than the national average. New single-family homes in Corona are valued at $267,700 on average, which is well below the state average. In 2008, seven new homes were built in Corona, down from seventy-six the previous year.
The three big industries for women in Corona are health care, educational services, and finance and insurance. For men, it is construction, public administration, and professional, scientific, and technical services. The average travel time to work is about 35 minutes. More than 22.0% of Corona residents have a bachelor's degree, which is lower than the state average. The percentage of residents with a graduate degree, 6.5%, is lower than the state average.
The unemployment rate in Corona is 11.2%, which is less than California's average of 12.3%.
The percentage of Corona residents that are affiliated with a religious congregation, 43.0%, is less than both the national and state average. Peace Lutheran Church, Corona Evangelical Free Church and Corona Heights Baptist Church are among the churches located in Corona. The largest religious groups are the Catholic Church, the LDS (Mormon) Church and the Southern Baptist Convention.
Corona is home to the Cresta Verde Golf Club and the Corona Regional Medical Center as well as Husteo Park and Mountain Gate Community Park. Shopping malls in the area include Village Grove Plaza Shopping Center, Butterfield Stage Square Shopping Center and The Plaza on Sixth Street Shopping Center. Visitors to Corona can choose from Best Western Kings Inn and Arizona Motel for temporary stays in the area.