Career and Education Opportunities for Legislators in Peoria, Arizona
Legislators can find both educational opportunities and jobs in the Peoria, Arizona area. The national trend for legislators sees this job pool growing by about 0.7% over the next eight years. Legislators generally develop laws and statutes at the Federal, State, or local level.
The average wage in the general category of Specialized Management jobs is $34 per hour or $67,709 per year in Arizona, and an average of $39 per hour or $74,363 per year nationwide. Legislators earn less than people working in the category of Specialized Management generally in Arizona and less than people in the Specialized Management category nationally. People working as legislators can fill a number of jobs, such as: assembly person, congressman, and u.s. senator.
There are seven schools within twenty-five miles of Peoria where you can study to be a legislator, among seventy-four schools of higher education total in the Peoria area.
CAREER DESCRIPTION: Legislator
In general, legislators develop laws and statutes at the Federal, State, or local level.
Similar jobs with educational opportunities in Peoria include:
- Construction Foreman. Plan, direct, or budget, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
- Garden Center Manager. Plan, organize, direct, and coordinate activities of workers engaged in propagating, cultivating, and harvesting horticultural specialties, such as trees, shrubs, and other plants.
- Natural Resources Specialist. Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as life sciences, physical sciences, and research and development in these fields.
- Property Manager. Plan, direct, or coordinate selling, buying, or governance activities of commercial, industrial, or residential real estate properties.
- Purchasing Manager. Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of buyers, purchasing officers, and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services.
- Social Service Coordinator. Plan, organize, or coordinate the activities of a social service program or community outreach organization. Oversee the program or organization's budget and policies regarding participant involvement, program requirements, and benefits. Work may involve directing social workers, counselors, or probation officers.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Legislator Training
Rio Salado College - Tempe, AZ
Rio Salado College, 2323 W 14th St, Tempe, AZ 85281. Rio Salado College is a large college located in Tempe, Arizona. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 19,186 students. Rio Salado College has 2 areas of study related to Legislator. They are:
- Public Administration, less than one year and associate's degree which graduated twenty-three and thirteen students respectively in 2008.
- Public Administration and Social Service Professions, Other Specialties, less than one year.
Arizona State University - Tempe, AZ
Arizona State University, , Tempe, AZ 85287. Arizona State University is a large university located in Tempe, Arizona. It is a public school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 67,082 students and an admission rate of 82%. Arizona State University has 2 areas of study related to Legislator. They are:
- Public Administration, master's degree and doctor's degree which graduated sixty-nine and seven students respectively in 2008.
- Public Policy Analysis, master's degree which graduated 2 students in 2008.
University of Phoenix-Phoenix-Hohokam Campus - Phoenix, AZ
University of Phoenix-Phoenix-Hohokam Campus, 4635 East Elwood Street, Phoenix, AZ 85040-1958. University of Phoenix-Phoenix-Hohokam Campus is a medium sized university located in Phoenix, Arizona. It is a private for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs and has 4,768 students. University of Phoenix-Phoenix-Hohokam Campus has a bachelor's degree program in Public Administration and Social Service Professions, Other Specialties which graduated thirty-four students in 2008.
University of Phoenix-Online Campus - Phoenix, AZ
University of Phoenix-Online Campus, 3157 E. Elwood Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034-7209. University of Phoenix-Online Campus is a large university located in Phoenix, Arizona. It is a private for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs and has 181,146 students. University of Phoenix-Online Campus has 2 areas of study related to Legislator. They are:
- Public Administration, bachelor's degree which graduated 74 students in 2008.
- Public Administration and Social Service Professions, Other Specialties, bachelor's degree which graduated 115 students in 2008.
Western International University - Phoenix, AZ
Western International University, 9215 N Black Canyon Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85021. Western International University is a small university located in Phoenix, Arizona. It is a private for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs and has 7,940 students. Western International University has a master's degree program in Public Administration which graduated sixteen students in 2008.
Ottawa University-Phoenix - Phoenix, AZ
Ottawa University-Phoenix, 10020 North 25th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021. Ottawa University-Phoenix is a small university located in Phoenix, Arizona. It is a private not-for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs and has 1,329 students. Ottawa University-Phoenix has a bachelor's degree program in Public Administration which graduated one student in 2008.
IIA College - Phoenix, AZ
IIA College, 4240 W. Bethany Home Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85019-1600. IIA College is a small college located in Phoenix, Arizona. It is a private for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs and has 650 students. IIA College has a bachelor's degree program in Public Administration.
LOCATION INFORMATION: Peoria, Arizona
Peoria is located in Maricopa County, Arizona. It has a population of over 157,960, which has grown by 45.8% over the last ten years. The cost of living index in Peoria, 94, is below the national average. New single-family homes in Peoria are priced at $169,600 on average, which is far less than the state average. In 2008, seven hundred ninety-four new homes were built in Peoria, down from 1,148 the previous year.
The three most popular industries for women in Peoria are health care, finance and insurance, and educational services. For men, it is construction, public administration, and professional, scientific, and technical services. The average commute to work is about 29 minutes. More than 21.7% of Peoria residents have a bachelor's degree, which is higher than the state average. The percentage of residents with a graduate degree, 6.5%, is lower than the state average.
The unemployment rate in Peoria is 6.1%, which is less than Arizona's average of 9.3%.
The percentage of Peoria residents that are affiliated with a religious congregation, 39.7%, is less than the national average but more than the state average. The largest religious groups are the Catholic Church, the LDS (Mormon) Church and the Southern Baptist Convention.
Peoria is home to the Maricopa County Community Services and the Lake Pleasant Inn as well as Murphy Park and Varney Park. Shopping centers in the area include Arrowhead Mall, Pueblo Plaza Shopping Center and Plaza de Alamos Shopping Center. Visitors to Peoria can choose from La Quinta Phoenix Inn And Suites Peoria, Hampton Inn Glendale-Peoria and FlyHwnTrvl for temporary stays in the area.