Career and Education Opportunities for Legislators in Glendale, Arizona
Legislators can find both educational opportunities and jobs in the Glendale, Arizona area. The national trend for legislators sees this job pool growing by about 0.7% over the next eight years. Legislators generally develop laws and statutes at the Federal, State, or local level.
The average wage in the general category of Specialized Management jobs is $34 per hour or $67,709 per year in Arizona, and an average of $39 per hour or $74,363 per year nationwide. Earnings for legislators are not quite as good as earnings in the general category of Specialized Management in Arizona and not quite as good as general Specialized Management category earnings nationally. People working as legislators can fill a number of jobs, such as: delegate, councilman, and congressional representative.
The Glendale area is home to seventy-four schools of higher education, including seven within twenty-five miles of Glendale where you can get a degree as a legislator.
CAREER DESCRIPTION: Legislator
In general, legislators develop laws and statutes at the Federal, State, or local level.
Similar jobs with educational opportunities in Glendale include:
- Construction Foreman. Plan, direct, or budget, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
- Garden Center Manager. Plan, organize, direct, and coordinate activities of workers engaged in propagating, cultivating, and harvesting horticultural specialties, such as trees, shrubs, and other plants.
- Natural Resources Specialist. Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as life sciences, physical sciences, and research and development in these fields.
- Property Manager. Plan, direct, or coordinate selling, buying, or governance activities of commercial, industrial, or residential real estate properties.
- Purchasing Manager. Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of buyers, purchasing officers, and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services.
- Social Service Coordinator. Plan, organize, or coordinate the activities of a social service program or community outreach organization. Oversee the program or organization's budget and policies regarding participant involvement, program requirements, and benefits. Work may involve directing social workers, counselors, or probation officers.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Legislator Training
Rio Salado College - Tempe, AZ
Rio Salado College, 2323 W 14th St, Tempe, AZ 85281. Rio Salado College is a large college located in Tempe, Arizona. It is a public school with primarily 2-year programs and has 19,186 students. Rio Salado College has 2 areas of study related to Legislator. They are:
- Public Administration, less than one year and associate's degree which graduated twenty-three and thirteen students respectively in 2008.
- Public Administration and Social Service Professions, Other Specialties, less than one year.
Arizona State University - Tempe, AZ
Arizona State University, , Tempe, AZ 85287. Arizona State University is a large university located in Tempe, Arizona. It is a public school with primarily 4-year or above programs. It has 67,082 students and an admission rate of 82%. Arizona State University has 2 areas of study related to Legislator. They are:
- Public Administration, master's degree and doctor's degree which graduated sixty-nine and seven students respectively in 2008.
- Public Policy Analysis, master's degree which graduated 2 students in 2008.
University of Phoenix-Phoenix-Hohokam Campus - Phoenix, AZ
University of Phoenix-Phoenix-Hohokam Campus, 4635 East Elwood Street, Phoenix, AZ 85040-1958. University of Phoenix-Phoenix-Hohokam Campus is a medium sized university located in Phoenix, Arizona. It is a private for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs and has 4,768 students. University of Phoenix-Phoenix-Hohokam Campus has a bachelor's degree program in Public Administration and Social Service Professions, Other Specialties which graduated thirty-four students in 2008.
University of Phoenix-Online Campus - Phoenix, AZ
University of Phoenix-Online Campus, 3157 E. Elwood Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034-7209. University of Phoenix-Online Campus is a large university located in Phoenix, Arizona. It is a private for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs and has 181,146 students. University of Phoenix-Online Campus has 2 areas of study related to Legislator. They are:
- Public Administration, bachelor's degree which graduated 74 students in 2008.
- Public Administration and Social Service Professions, Other Specialties, bachelor's degree which graduated 115 students in 2008.
Western International University - Phoenix, AZ
Western International University, 9215 N Black Canyon Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85021. Western International University is a small university located in Phoenix, Arizona. It is a private for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs and has 7,940 students. Western International University has a master's degree program in Public Administration which graduated sixteen students in 2008.
Ottawa University-Phoenix - Phoenix, AZ
Ottawa University-Phoenix, 10020 North 25th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021. Ottawa University-Phoenix is a small university located in Phoenix, Arizona. It is a private not-for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs and has 1,329 students. Ottawa University-Phoenix has a bachelor's degree program in Public Administration which graduated one student in 2008.
IIA College - Phoenix, AZ
IIA College, 4240 W. Bethany Home Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85019-1600. IIA College is a small college located in Phoenix, Arizona. It is a private for-profit school with primarily 4-year or above programs and has 650 students. IIA College has a bachelor's degree program in Public Administration.
LOCATION INFORMATION: Glendale, Arizona
Glendale is located in Maricopa County, Arizona. It has a population of over 251,522, which has grown by 14.9% over the last ten years. The cost of living index in Glendale, 92, is below the national average. New single-family homes in Glendale are priced at $278,800 on average, which is far greater than the state average. In 2008, seventy-eight new homes were built in Glendale, down from two hundred ninety-eight the previous year.
The three big industries for women in Glendale are health care, educational services, and finance and insurance. For men, it is construction, public administration, and administrative and support and waste management services. The average travel time to work is about 28 minutes. More than 21.0% of Glendale residents have a bachelor's degree, which is lower than the state average. The percentage of residents with a graduate degree, 7.1%, is lower than the state average.
The unemployment rate in Glendale is 8.9%, which is less than Arizona's average of 9.3%.
The percentage of Glendale residents that are affiliated with a religious congregation, 39.7%, is less than the national average but more than the state average. The most common religious groups are the Catholic Church, the LDS (Mormon) Church and the Southern Baptist Convention.
Glendale is home to the Southwest Poultry Experiment Station and the Maryvale Substation as well as Thunderbird Park and Bicentennial Park. Shopping malls in the area include Glen Fairs Shopping Center, Glendale Plaza Shopping Center and Glendale Shopping Center. Visitors to Glendale can choose from Best Western Inn Phoenix Glen, AriTime Personal Services and Four Seasons Flowers & Gifts for temporary stays in the area.