CareerOverview.com gathers information about its users. Such information typically falls into one of two categories:
- Submitted Information: CareerOverview.com offers a number of web forms which allow users to voluntarily submit personal contact information, such as name, telephone number, and mailing address. Such web forms help us match users with any services they might request, or match them with additional, relevant educational services or products. When users submit this information, we store it and share it with schools or third-parties, with the intention of providing users with more relevant information about schools, programs, and other educational services.
- Automatic Information: Like most websites do, we collect and store user data from every visitor to our site. Above all, this information is used to enhance our site and improve the overall user experience. Anonymous, automatic data can include information such as a user’s browser version, operating system version, and IP address.
- Marketing and Advertising: We use advertising cookies to track the success of advertisements and optimize our digital advertising performance and effectiveness. These cookies help us tailor advertisements to users based on relevance in order to create the best possible user experience. These advertisements contain information about user demographics and interests, but do not contain personally identifiable information and protect the anonymity of our users. Advertising cookies are often called “third-party cookies” because they monitor advertising performance on behalf of our third-party collaborators.
By using our website, we assume you acknowledge and accept all our policies. These include:
- When you submit personal information to CareerOverview.com, you grant us permission to share that information with affiliated partners.
- When you submit voluntary information on CareerOverview.com, you also grant us and our affiliated partners or third-party vendors the option to contact you via telephone, text message, email, or postal mail about education related services or otherwise. This contact may take the form of information, marketing, or otherwise. Such contact will abide by relevant laws, regarding education options or otherwise.
- When you submit voluntary contact information on CareerOverview.com, and grant us, our affiliates, partners and vendors, the right to contact you, you relinquish rights granted by the Do Not Call list, or other relevant laws for a period of time. Your submission of information nullifies both state and federal Do Not Call restrictions and might also protect us against other relevant laws.
- When you visit CareerOverview.com, we assume you agree that information we gather might be shared with our related educational institutions, partner companies and third-party vendors. This will be done with the intention of sharing better, more relevant information with you about programs, educational options, and educational services.
- When you visit CareerOverview.com, you grant us the right to share information about you, personal or otherwise, to any businesses providing us administrative aid. One example might include email service delivery businesses.
- When you submit personal information on CareerOverview.com, you grant us the right to release that information in the case of a government request, subpoena, or other legal matter. This right will only be exercised in good faith, as to protect our rights, the safety of our users, investigate fraud, and to comply with government/legal requests. In the event that some or all of CareerOverview.com is sold to a third party in a merger or acquistion, we may also release your information to that third party.
- When you visit our site, you consent to our use and collection of cookies, which we may utilize for web analytics, advertising, marketing, or other purposes.
How to Opt-Out
Users can opt out of any and all email communications from CareerOverview.com and any of our affiliated schools, venders, or services. Should you wish to stop receiving emails from us or an affiliated sender, simply select the “Unsubscribe” link in that email. You will be removed from further contact from that sender.
Users can also opt out of personalized third-party advertising from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or third-party advertisers abiding by the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles. Simply go to the “opt-out” page on the NAI website or the DAA website and follow the instructions.
Users can also remove any cookies that CareerOverview.com stores by visiting their browser’s privacy section and deleting them. Users may need to do this on a per-visit basis.