Searching for job opportunities by state is one of the most effective ways to find top career opportunities. This page provides a directory of Maine employment websites, networking resources, top employers, state employment agencies and local government employment resources.
General Maine Job Resources
- Capital Area Staffing Solutions, Inc. – Full service staffing firm for temporary and direct hire placements in administrative/clerical, finance, accounting, medical and legal office support.
- Bureau of Human Resources – Browse what is available for state jobs.
- Career Planning Services – Scarborough-based firm providing career planning, resume development, and interview training services. Firm also develops and publishes career planning materials.
- Cool Works.com – Part of a larger site. Features summer camps, parks, and resort job opportunities.
- Careers in Mainetoday.com – Features tips and advice on finding a job, finding an employee, career profiles, job fairs, online classifieds, and news.
- Dept. of Labor: Job Service Div. – State of Maine job service.
- Federal Jobs in Maine – Breakdown of federal openings by agency, state, region and occupation. Additional services available for fee. Part of a larger site capable of location search and job preference.
- Jobs for Maine’s Graduates, Inc. – A private/nonprofit that provides drop-out prevention and school-to-work transition services for at-risk youth.
- Bonney Staffing Centers – Career search assistance, permanent job placement, temp jobs or contract work with top Maine companies.
- Maine State Career Opportunities – Current job vacancy announcements, and D.I.A.M.O.N.D. opportunities.
- Maine Engineering and Technical Opportunities – A few specialized listings on this page, which is part of a larger website.
- Maine Library Jobs – Listing of current jobs available in school, public or special libraries within the state. Links to out of state job listings.
- Maine Recruitment Center – Non profit healthcare recruitment center specializing in physician employment.
- Maine Staffing Services – A full-service staffing firm, meeting the needs of employers and providing work opportunities for Maine citizens.
- MaineCareers – Listings available for those who are serious at looking for a job, a career, or permanent employment in Maine.
- Springborn Staffing – Commercial employment service in Portland with online job listings and information.
- Paper Industry Recruitment – A firm specializing in the recruitment and placement of professionals in the pulp and paper industry.
- Pro Search, Inc. – Recruiting firm specializing in placing accounting/finance, sales/marketing, information systems, engineering, and insurance professionals. Firm offers contingency recruiting and temporary staffing solutions.
- ServingSchools.com – Good source for educational employment in Maine. Provides school units and job seekers a fast and easy way to find each other. Hundreds of jobs are posted and updated daily by almost every school district.
- PAGEmployment – Full-service agency providing temporary and permanent employee placements and screening services to client companies. Located in Brewer.
- Summer Jobs-Maine – Seasonal and summer job opportunities and internships from over 1000 international employers in camps, resorts, parks and businesses, including some in Maine.
- University of Maine Career Center – Excellent resource for job fairs, career consulting, recruiting, intern opportunities and locating mentors. Located on the Orono campus.
- Women Unlimited – Provides information and support for women seeking trade, technical, and transportation careers.
- WorkSource Staffing Services – Temporary and permanent staffing services with branches in Bangor, Ellsworth and Camden, Maine.