- American Association of School Personnel Administrators – is an association whose membership is composed of personnel / human resource administrators, principals, personnel support staff, superintendents, attorneys, businesses and other professionals interested in school personnel administration. Website provides information on annual conference and offers a member directory for other members.
- American College Personnel Association – has nearly 8000 members representing 1,500 private and public institutions throughout the world. Website provides access to limited job postings, information on association conferences, and links to other resources.
- American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) – with nearly 70,000 members from more than 100 countries and thousands of organization ASTD is the world’s largest association dedicated to workplace learning and performance professionals. ASTD members can be found working in academia, consulting firms, government, multinational corporations, medium-sized and small business, and product and service suppliers. The association website provides job listings, information on local chapters, national conference dates, and a variety of other resources.
- Career Masters Institute – is a global training, development and professional networking organization who members include career counselors, coaches, outplacement consultants, resume writers, recruiters, college and university career development professionals, government and military career transition specialists, HR professionals and more. Their website offers a searchable member directory and information on association meetings and conferences.
- College and University Professional Association for Human Resources – membership includes more than 6,500 human resource administration professionals at 1,600 colleges and universities nationwide as well as other individuals and organizations interested in the advancement of human resources in higher education, including students and HR service providers. The association website offers information on national conferences and local association meetings. You’ll also find a number of useful resources on their website.
- Human Resource Planning Society – is a global association with over 3,000 members composed of human resource professionals from smaller firms, partners and senior consultants from global human resource firms, and leading university faculty and reseachers. The association website offers information on annual conferences, industry publication, HR resources, and online networking.
- Human Resources Research Organization – has chapter locations in Alexandria, VA (Headquarters)
Fort Knox, KY; Louisville, KY; Radcliff, KY; Monterey, CA; San Diego, CA; and Lawrenceville, NJ. A good networking resource for HR professionals living near of of these areas. Website offers information on national conferences, internships, and other resources (as well as limited job listings).
- HR Policy Association
- International Association for Human Resource Information Management – is a a dynamic group of human resource practitioners, vendors, consultants, students and university faculty. Website offers job listings, information on annual conferences and expositions, local chapter membership and events, membership directory, and networking opportunities.
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans-OnLine – with 35,000 individual members from over 8,500 multiemployer trust funds, corporations, and public employee groups the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans is the largest educational association serving the employee benefits and compensation industries. The website offers job listings, training resources, industry information, and large number of resources.
- Institute for International Human Resources – is the global forum for Society of Human Resource Management. Website offers a directory covering many countries and provides information on the associations international conference.
- International Personnel Management Association – with more than 600 members actively engaged in practice, research and personnel assessment training the International Personnel Management Association is the leading association of applied personnel assessment professionals in the world. The website information on regional associations in the U.S. that could prove as a good source for networking opportunities.
- International Society for Performance Improvement – has over 10,000 international and chapter members thoughout the U.S., Canada, and 40 more countries. The website offers job postings, as well as information on conferences, meetings, local chapters, and more.
- Media Human Resources Association – another Society for Human Resource Management forum for human resource professionals in the media industry.
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals – with over 6,000 members the NASPP is a leading HR association. Association members include human resource professionals, stock plan administrators, securities and tax attorneys, accountants, corporate secretaries, compensation consultants, transfer agents, stock brokers, and software vendors. The association website offers a number of resources including jobs, membership directory, industry information and more but it is provided only to current members.
- National Human Resources Association (NHRA) – is a network of local affiliates focused on advancing the development of human resource professionals. Website caters to association members offering job openings, meeting times, local chapter information, and much more.
- Northeast Human Resources Association – is New Englands premier human resource assocation reprenting more than 4,000 HR professionals, representing large and small companies in all industries within the region, as well as individuals providing products and services to the human resources community. Their website offers job listings as well as information on meetings, seminars, conferences, and more.
- Professionals in Human Resources – website offers information on job opportunities, meeting times and dates as well as many more useful resources.
- Society for Human Resource Management – with more than 190,000 individual members the Society for Human Resource Management is the largest human resource management association in the world. The website offers jobs (with job alerts), information on local meetings, seminary and conferences. The website also provides a membership directory and forum for members located at http://www.shrm.org/ema/.
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology – is a Division within APA (American Psychology Assocation) that is also an organizational affiliate of APS (American Psychology Society). The website offers limited job postings and other useful resources for networkers and job seekers alike.