Expertise with AutoCAD® (Computer-Aided Drafting) can help you start a career in drafting.
In order to do this, you need a particular skill set. Specialized courses can give you the knowledge you need, including:
- Familiarity with the rudiments of CAD; coordinating other programs and systems that are used with CAD applications
- Using drafting materials, media, and methods of duplication.
- Dimensioning, geometric construction, and geometric tolerance.
- Commands in AutoCAD®
- Schematic drafting, both electronic and electrical, in AutoCAD®
Becoming familiar with AutoCAD® will allow you to:
- Earn up to $60,000/year in an area with a projected growth rate of 15% through 2010.
- Qualify for positions in architectural, mechanical, or civil engineering firms.
- Qualify for positions in other drafting firms, or even establish your own business.
The United States Department of Labor says that employment opportunities will be best for people with experience and expertise using CAD applications. AutoCAD can jumpstart your career!